GM Certified Service Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a GM Certified Service Technician to join our team.
- Test-drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment;
- Execute repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications;
- Communicate directly with the Service Advisor so that customers are well-informed of any additional services needed;
- Provide an estimate of time needed for additional repairs.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic environment;
- B level qualifications, including Diagnostic, Electrical and Engine Repair;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Basic Computer skills;
- Willing to submit to a pre-employment background check & drug screen;
- Able to operate electronic diagnostic equipment;
- ASE Certification required;
- Positive, friendly attitude, along with a customer service mentality;
- Broad knowledge of new vehicle technologies;
- Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent required;
- Teammate with ability to collaborate with others effectively;
- Positive, friendly attitude, along with an eagerness to improve;
- Mechanical and troubleshooting skills and ability to operate electronic diagnostic equipment;
- Dexterity, requiring a steady hand, excellent hand-eye coordination;
- High school diploma or equivalent, ASE Certification preferred.