Millwright Apprentice Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Millwright Apprentice to join our team.
- Aligning machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs;
- Repairing and lubricating machines and equipment;
- Dismantling machines, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools;
- Moving machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks;
- Learning to read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures;
- Constructing the foundation for machines and equipment using hand tools and building materials such as wood, cement, and steel;
- Additional safety training a plus (OSHA-10 / OSHA-30);
- Mechanical knowledge & aptitude;
- Welding a plus;
- CPR/FA/AED a plus;
- Forklift, Crane, Heavy Equipment exp. a plus;
- Experience in Conveyour belts;
- Maintenance and repair of machinery for a shop.
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation;
- High standard of integrity and professionalism;
- Drug free at all times;
- Eagerness and willingness to learn and receive instruction/direction from qualified Journeyman Millwright;
- Experience working with equipment such as boom lifts, scissor lifts, and forklifts is a plus;
- Experience working with hand tools and power tools;
- Experience working with equipment such as: boom lifts, scissor lifts, and forklifts;
- 2 years of experience working as a Millwright;
- 4 years of experience working as a Millwright.