The Associate Attorney provides legal advice to an organization, prepares resolutions, reports, guidelines and participates in major legal actions. Reviews contracts involving leases, licenses, purchases, sales, insurance, etc., and reviews drafts of various agreements and documents. Being an Associate Attorney participates in Legal department initiatives such as template agreement development and recommends to senior management on how to respond to legal issues or proposed changes in laws and regulations. Works closely with other departments to foresee and protect company against legal risks. In addition, Associate Attorney requires a Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school and may require admittance to a state bar. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. Being an Associate Attorney work is closely managed. Works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Working as an Associate Attorney typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Associate Attorney Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Associate Attorney to join our team.
- Interviews clients; locates and interviews expert witnesses;
- Manages cases and files; organizes and maintains files;
- Works collaboratively with assigned attorneys and support staff in preparing legal documentation and/or processing transactions;
- Negotiate claims;
- Other tasks as determined by experience level;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Spanish speaking a plus but not required;
- Report directly to firm partner(s);
- Ability to exercise professionalism and courtesy when faced with adversarial conversations and situations;
- Interviewing clients; on boarding clients; case management;
- Attend court hearings;
- Effectively monitor and move forward an independent caseload;
- Communicating with clients and overseeing case to resolution;
- Will perform other duties and responsibilities as needed;
- Draft court pleadings, legal memos, and correspondence.
- Be able to travel occasionally when needed by the most efficient means of transportation;
- Be able to communicate in a common language with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/ or in writing;
- Be able to lift 5 lbs. or greater;
- Strong and extremely meticulous organizational skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment that will at times call for multi-tasking;
- Social perceptiveness;
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow;
- Member of the Washington State Bar Association;
- A commitment to providing superior client service as well as business development experience;
- Self-sufficient and well organized with a strong work ethic;
- Extensive knowledge of Pennsylvania civil practice;
- Admitted to the State Bar of California;
- Ability to delegate, follow-up, and monitor tasks to completion;
- Position Title: Associate Attorney – Elder Law and Trusts & Estates;
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent professional experience.