The Senior Scheduler provides manufacturing operations with a plan that maximizes efficiency, resources, and capacity. Plans and coordinates production schedules. Being a Senior Scheduler typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Achieves on time delivery within an established budget. In addition, Senior Scheduler typically reports to a manager. Being a Senior Scheduler contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Senior Scheduler typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior Scheduler Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Scheduler to join our team.
- May assist in leading junior staff through assignment tasks;
- Reviews purchase orders and subcontract schedule status and provides management with input on subcontract performance;
- Familiar with basic cost analysis and forecasting as it relates to planning and scheduling;
- Responsible for assembling data for schedule updating;
- Familiar with construction contracting and the scheduling implications of contract terms;
- Conducts or assists in performance measurement and associated schedule trends;
- Provides analysis of schedule data to identify key project issues;
- Assists in procedure development and implementation;
- Updates and produces scheduling management reports;
- Able to resource load schedule and perform remedial schedule risk analysis;
- Supports the development of plans and schedules for proposals;
- Assists in the development and maintenance of WBS and helps insure that project coding is effectively used for all cornerstone applications;
- Assists in tracking corrective actions;
- Able to use drawings and specifications for schedule development;
- Assumes responsibility for some elements of baseline schedule and associated maintenance.
- Experience in schedule preparation, schedule integration, and schedule analysis;
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint);
- Demonstrated working knowledge of current industry CPM Scheduling software packages, such as Primavera P6 Professional and Microsoft Project;
- Background knowledge of the civil engineering and construction industry;
- Experience in effectively reporting and communicating schedule variances and recommendations to wider project team;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline;
- EVM analysis experience;
- 6+ years of experience;
- Experience on major urban light rail transit, highway and bridge projects;
- Able to travel as required for project work;
- Experience in preparing high level project reports and documentation.