Community Relations Manager develops a strategy and programs designed to represent the organization favorably and make positive contributions to the community. Creates and plans programs that engage and support the community and employees. Being a Community Relations Manager develops and expands relationships with community leaders and media representatives. Supports marketing initiatives and represents the organization at events. Additionally, Community Relations Manager may direct or administer the charitable contributions, grants and volunteer programs. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a head of a department. The Community Relations Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. To be a Community Relations Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Community Relations Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Community Relations Manager to join our team.
- Track local regulations and ensure Bird’s voice is heard during the legislative process;
- Ensure market health and growth by maintaining critical, local relationships and establishing on-going community programming;
- Build partnerships with local community benefit organizations, and transportation and environmental advocacy groups;
- Makes marketing presentations to current and prospective clients to educate them about hospice services;
- Works to assure mutual goal setting and achievement standards within the marketing team;
- Visits with physicians, discharge planners, other related health-care providers regarding service provision, contracts and communication with hospice;
- Develops and implements presentations to groups of healthcare personnel and the general public in health fairs and support groups;
- Acts as a liaison between medical markets and clinical staff to obtain/provide current patient information;
- Implements the marketing plan: Identifies and develops referral sources. Meets and exceeds established referral and admission goals;
- Functions independently makes decisions, problem solves and utilizes resources as necessary;
- Attends meetings, health fairs, etc. As requested by the Administrator and or Branch Manager;
- Performs other duties as assigned by his/her direct supervisor;
- Grows profitable revenue and builds market shares within designated service areas;
- Projects concerned, professional attitude/appearance toward hospice staff, referral sources and the general public;
- Recruit and manage volunteer teams to support and advance Mosaic’s mission.
- Strong public speaking and interpersonal skills;
- Experience managing relationships with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Solution-oriented and unafraid of paving your own path;
- Transportation background is a plus;
- Strong roots and relationships in Bird’s southern California markets;
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university;
- Experience working closely with government officials, including those in law enforcement, is a strong plus;
- Some travel required;
- Effective communication abilities including strong verbal and written group presentation skills;
- Hospital contacts or hospice sales experience extremely preferred;
- Excellent sales skills with a proven track record of success over a multi-year period in healthcare sales preferred;
- The employee must be computer literate, have a reliable car, valid driver’s license, current car insurance, and good driving record;
- BA or BS degree preferred;
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in health care, preferably SNF ; home care or hospice is acceptable.