Development Coordinator supports a non-profit organization’s fundraising or membership programs. Solicits and acknowledges donations and maintains donor records. Being a Development Coordinator may arrange and attend meetings with donors and prospective donors. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, Development Coordinator typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Development Coordinator works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. To be a Development Coordinator typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Development Coordinator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Development Coordinator to join our team.
- Will largely work with student and patient sponsorship system (paperwork, reassignments, organization, etc.);
- Manage the Chapter’s donor databases (CRM, big data, etc);
- Contribute to the planning and execution of all campaign-specific special events;
- Coordinate the functioning of the Chapter’s daily operations, projects, office volunteers, interns, and tasks;
- Work with development and production team to track new sources for content development;
- Work with Executive Director toward perfect Chapter Audits; no significant or technical violations;
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock and anticipating needed supplies;
- Ensure that the confidentiality and security of all information under his/her supervision is maintained;
- Oversee CRM and Event Management Platform (Greater Giving, Luminate Online) data input for events, membership, leadership, volunteers, and donors;
- Support the strategic direction, purpose, and business needs of the Chapter;
- Assist with other projects as assigned or requested;
- Participate in regional & global M&BD team meetings & other initiatives as required;
- Assist with generating potential client leads by monitoring key opportunity databases and attending to cold calls;
- Perform prospect research on existing government RFPs, RFQs and other funding opportunities from foundations and corporations;
- Maintain a mindset of innovation and improvement in the donor recognition process.
- Must have a minimum of two years experience in a position that included management of others, sales, communications, nonprofit, etc;
- Computer and Technology;
- College degree and at least two years of development work, including donor database management;
- At minimum, has a Bachelors Degree in Nonprofit Management, Public Administration, Business, Public Affairs, or any related field;
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of cultural and ethnic diversity of constituents, staff and community partners;
- Comfortable with working in a virtual ‘team’ environment;
- 3-5 years directly related office experience in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong attention to detail and focuses on accuracy of fine print;
- Flexibility with work schedule as position requires occasional evening and weekend hours;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to engage with individuals of all backgrounds and experiences;
- Project management skills, including strong attention to detail;
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors;
- High competency in both written and spoken English, Cantonese and Mandarin;
- Ability to take initiative and be creative in thinking and solutions with donors;
- A passion for serving youth and BUILD’s mission.