Sales Director directs and oversees an organization’s sales policies, objectives, and initiatives. Sets short- and long-term sales strategies and evaluates effectiveness of current sales programs. Being a Sales Director recommends product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, Sales Director typically reports to an executive. The Sales Director manages a departmental sub-function within a broader departmental function. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function. To be a Sales Director typically requires 5+ years of managerial experience.
Director of Sales Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Director of Sales to join our team.
- Communicates professionally and cooperate with supervisor and all community personnel;
- Assist with promotional events and conferences and provide feedback regarding marketing material;
- Manage forecasting, account assignment, and quota achievement for our team of AEs since you’ll own the team revenue target;
- Provide sales coaching and training to the sales team to ensure that customer service and sales goals are continuously met;
- Experienced at managing customer objections;
- Work with senior sales leadership to identify opportunities for sales process improvement;
- Providing leadership to the team on best practices in software sales;
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients;
- Establish plans and strategies to expand the customer base;
- Performing basic web-based demonstration;
- Identify and develop new business opportunities;
- VGH Sales Force Director is required to attract new business opportunities and drive eyes for VGH clinics;
- Define KPI’s and sales targets and support drivers to meet/exceed plans across all channels;
- Gain commitment;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to think and react quickly;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Sales, or technical related degree, required;
- Able to operate in a fast-paced and changing market environment;
- 7+ years of Wholesale experience;
- Demonstrated communication skills at the VP level within a client organization;
- Work closely with internal and external teams as required to manage client fulfillment;
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the Healthcare Industry;
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote, along with sales CRM tools;
- Identify, develop and lead new business development for assigned territories, overseeing all new account contact and sales activity;
- Investor support;
- Strong leadership qualities with good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- A proven track record of measurable success;
- Established relationships with Senior and C-level executives;
- Consistently exceeds 100% of annual quota.