Laboratory Operations Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Laboratory Operations Manager to join our team.
- Demonstrate excellence in sample preparation;
- Identify risks to quality and create mitigations;
- Review and update Venipuncture, vital signs collection, and biosample processing procedures as necessary;
- Help ensure we are prepared for each participant that comes in for an exam;
- Develop new capabilities to process and or test samples;
- Review and update health and safety guidelines per regulatory requirements;
- Manage Inventory of supplies using database and other software tools;
- Ensure we have proper equipment, supplies, and workspace environment;
- Manage assembling and preparing sample collection kits, proper labels, and packaging for shipment;
- Work with and help train a team of rotating Clinical Staff members;
- Manage the preparation of blood, saliva, and urine samples for analysis at various laboratories;
- Develop new training materials for sample preparation procedures.
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary team and the drive to thrive in a high-pressure, fast paced environment;
- Clear written and verbal communication;
- Skill at coaching and supporting; can put yourself in other people’s shoes easily and know how to make them feel cared for;
- Ability to explain complex medical terms and procedures in a manner that is easily understood by a non-medical audience;
- 2 years minimum CLIA-certified Laboratory experience;
- You have built a clinical laboratory capability at a previous employer;
- Focus and attention to detail;
- Reliable, responsible; you’re the one people come to for problem-solving or planning something complicated;
- Laboratory safety and quality assurance experience;
- Ability to develop processes that are trainable and to identify automation opportunities in these processes.