Media Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and guiding research and development of media plans, identifying target audience and ideal media outlets. Approves media mix and frequency as appropriate to client budget and objectives. Being a Media Supervisor may require a bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Additionally, Media Supervisor relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
Media Supervisor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Media Supervisor to join our team.
- Interact with multi-functional teams (Account Service, Creative, Analytics, Interactive, Account Planning, Public Relations, CRM);
- Participates in internal team and agency development;
- Train and mentor direct reports (media planners, assistant planners) on a daily basis;
- Facilitate media relationships to advance understanding of existing/emerging markets and industry;
- Collaborate as part of core team to develop Communications and Media Strategies;
- Master account and media vehicle knowledge;
- Review and discuss opportunities with industry experts – educate team, evaluate industry trends, needs for research;
- Primary internal team and client-facing responsibility for media discipline;
- Guide strategic direction, review plan documents, provide proactive reporting/plan stewardship;
- Attend client meetings;
- Determine planning and resource needs;
- Lead client presentation development;
- Schedule and attend media representative meetings;
- Establish audience profiles and primary strategies to guide media planning and annual evaluations;
- Work with Media team leadership to determine goals and strategies for team development.
- Five or more years of experience in media planning;
- Ability to travel as needed;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Experience across all media vehicles (television, digital, radio, print, out of home, etc.).