Payroll managers manage the payroll department within an organisation.
Payroll Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Payroll Manager to join our team.
- Review the monthly variance reports resolving any discrepancies;
- Support Benefit Audit. Support annual external audit;
- Pays employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts;
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages;
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures;
- Improve and standardize employee usage of ADP’s Time and Attendance module across both sites;
- Oversees preparation of all federal and state payroll tax reports, including quarterly and year-end returns;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- Team with Human Resources to help resolve payroll issues, answer questions, set up new or changing features etc;
- Preparing and analyzing all the monthly payroll journal entries;
- Supervise the retirement plan administration: manage the day-to-day affairs and annual processes and decisions regarding the company’s 401(k) plan;
- The Payroll Manager will work closely with the treasury and cash team to analyze funding, cash tracker etc;
- Process semi-monthly payroll for exempt & non-exempt employees in ADP for US and CAN;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Demonstrates a concerned, helpful and professional persona with all office personnel.
- Must have strong customer service skills and attitude;
- BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or related area;
- Experience working with ADP, Workforce, NetSuite or other large ERP system;
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail;
- Working knowledge of Windows and MS Office with intermediate Excel proficiency is required;
- Ability to work cross functionally between departments;
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes;
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation preferred;
- Advanced excel skills;
- Must have a criminal background check;
- Travel may be up to 80-100%
- Strong knowledge of payroll processes and payroll tax related issues;
- Experience working with Acumatica is desired but not required;
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or Fundamental Payroll Professional (FPC) or Certified Equity Professional (CEP);
- 3+ years of ADP Workforce Now (ADP WFN).