Restaurant managers oversee their venues and make sure customers are satisfied with the food and service.
Restaurant Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Restaurant Manager to join our team.
- Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products;
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations;
- Move about facility and stand for long periods of time;
- Successfully complete alcohol awareness training;
- Generate weekly, monthly, and annual reports;
- Maintain organized and updated training schedules, programs and materials for new employees;
- Hold kitchen staff accountable to standards, safety, and sanitation guidelines;
- Effectively coach and counsel;
- Attract, recruit, and train staff;
- To assist in efficient restaurant operations, maintain high production, productivity,quality and customer service standards;
- Comply with all health and safety regulations;
- Hold the team accountable to high standards;
- Scheduling and Labor Cost management;
- Attend hotel operational meetings as requested;
- Develop departmental objectives, budgets, policies, procedures, and strategies.
- At least 1 year in a similar role;
- Must have reliable transportation;
- Knowledge of systems, methods and processes that contribute to great execution;
- Strong working knowledge of food and beverage service;
- Expertise in ordering, inventory management, labor management, and scheduling;
- Successful candidates will have a minimum of two years’ experience in a high-volume, corporate environment;
- BSc degree in Business Administration; hospitality management or culinary schooling is a plus;
- Certified in all Service and Production Stations at Steak ‘n Shake or equivalent experience;
- Keeping up-to-date with local events and tailoring Food and Beverage operations to enhance guests’ experience in the local community;
- Proficient in POS knowledge (Micros preferable);
- 3 years of minimum experience in a beverage/food outlet;
- Must have similar experience in a high volume, high profile operation;
- 2 years of Restaurant Management experience;
- Ability to comply with physical demands as outlined below;
- 2 years of Restaurant Manager experience with a staff 30 or more.