The Senior Engineer oversees the design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems. Typically performs multiple engineering-related tasks in various assignments within the organization. Being a Senior Engineer may guide and train less experienced engineers. Has broad knowledge of engineering procedures and assists in the resolution of complex problems. In addition, Senior Engineer requires a bachelor’s degree of engineering. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Senior Engineer contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Senior Engineer typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Engineer to join our team.
- Build, manage and maintain reports, dashboards and visualizations as needed;
- Help develop automated solutions for dashboard and report generation;
- Communicate key findings to business partners and leadership throughout the organization;
- Floodplain modeling and permitting;
- Edit technical reports, calculations, drawings, specifications, etc;
- Responsible for the management of project finances;
- Performs assignments independently with limited supervision as to expected results;
- Work with animation and design to tune features;
- Releases component designs on-time with excellence;
- Supporting Engineering, Manufacturing and R&D activities as well as new product launches;
- Oversee stream restoration design and supporting modeling and calculations;
- Assist with field assessments for water quality studies, watershed walkovers, stream assessments, and other projects;
- Technical heavy lifting: You’ll architect and implement major components of an ambitious technical roadmap;
- Work as a contributor;
- Exercises independent judgment, with minimal input from supervisor.
- Must be able to communicate, converse, and exchange information with peers and senior personnel;
- Configuration and deployment of network security devices, including firewalls, Intrusion, Detection Systems, VPN, Identity Gateways;
- Must be willing and able to travel as required by the job;
- Experience training others in areas of expertise;
- Develop software or firmware towards the design of diagnostic equipment used in physics experiments;
- Ability to set up and optimize sintering programs for MIM components;
- Strong knowledge and experience with Active Directory troubleshooting, Windows Server 2008/2012, and Messaging Architecture;
- Experience in the design, development, and testing of space-based mechanical and optical-mechanical systems and components;
- Minimum 3 years of SolidWorks experience;
- AWS infrastructure experience;
- Presenting technical requirements based on business requirements;
- 3-5 years of experience with Metal Injection Molding;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Office applications;
- Must have excellent computer skills including knowledge of design and analysis software programs;
- Stung understanding of materials concepts.