The Sr Engineer oversees the design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems. Typically performs multiple engineering-related tasks in various assignments within the organization. Being a Sr Engineer may guide and train less experienced engineers. Has broad knowledge of engineering procedures and assists in the resolution of complex problems. In addition, Sr Engineer requires a bachelor’s degree of engineering. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Sr Engineer contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Sr Engineer typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Sr. Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sr. Engineer to join our team.
- Participate in and/or lead engineering-related site or network improvement initiatives;
- Provide technical and procedural guidance to more junior engineers;
- Collaborate with Global Engineering on major facility modifications, process expansions and new construction;
- Provide process engineering expertise to complex investigations and CAPAs;
- Identify, analyze and design improvements and capabilities in EFU systems;
- Provide process engineering expertise to Technology, Manufacturing, Quality, and Facility Services;
- Review plans for facility modifications;
- Works as an effective member of a team while providing effective leadership, direction and coaching for direct reports, as applicable;
- Prepares training manuals, operating procedures and instructions for manufacturing processes;
- Serves as liaison with equipment manufacturers for process and machinery improvements;
- Analyzes manufacturing process capabilities of new products to identify potential production processing;
- Creates and manages project plans for continuous improvement initiatives, delivering on results as committed;
- Troubleshoots machinery as required with the support of a qualified technician;
- Identifies production process problems, conducts tests and experiments to analyze problems; solves problems in conjunction with other departments.
- Demonstrates excellent Customer Service and ability to communicate with high level leaders in a fast-paced work environment;
- Knowledge of Aero IT processes and organizations (or ability to learn quickly);
- Or a combination of above with technical project management experience;
- General Knowledge of IT including awareness of Hardware, Software, Networks;
- Possessed project management and strong communication skills;
- Knowledge or experience with Agile Methodologies, i.e. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc. (helpful but not required);
- Secret Clearance and Sec+ (helpful but not required);
- Ability to provide high-level end user technical support to internal leadership;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Application of standards;
- Formalization and transmission of knowledge and skills;
- Deployment and monitoring of key indicators;
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Continuous improvement / problem solving.