The Analyst – Forecasting determines the best metrics to use to provide the most accurate representation of the forecast. Analyzes inventory levels, production speed, and product demand to determine the amount of finished product that will be produced. Being an Analyst – Forecasting may require a bachelor’s degree. Works with other departments to determine optimal inventory levels. In addition, Analyst – Forecasting typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Working as an Analyst – Forecasting typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience. Gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work.
Forecasting Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Forecasting Analyst to join our team.
- Creating weekly forecasts at various organization levels based on strong analytics;
- Supporting Planning Analyst with clear, concise review of volume drivers;
- Implementing continuous improvements in the global forecasting process;
- Closely collaborating with operational teams to understand back-office processes in order to forecast future workload volumes;
- Analyzing and understanding call volume drivers and trends;
- Providing variance analysis of several key metrics (various forecasts vs each other and vs. actuals);
- Proactively determining risk and opportunities through scenario analysis;
- Developing a short, mid and long-term forecast based on our service delivery strategy using statistical modeling.
- 5+ years of forecasting experience in a contact center environment;
- Effectively challenges status quo and brings in fresh ideas;
- Strong leadership skills the ability to influence without authority;
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner to various levels of leadership;
- Ability to manage through ambiguity and develop solutions;
- Demonstrated experience using statistical modeling;
- Bachelor’s degree in an advanced stats, math or econometrics field;
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with multiple stakeholders to meet business objectives;
- Advanced analytical skills;
- Ability to perform deep dive analysis of KPI trends.