Revenue Analyst I compiles and analyzes detailed revenue information for an organization. Monitors economic conditions and conducts revenue forecast analysis, suggests strategies to boost revenue. Being a Revenue Analyst I reviews organizational billing practices to ensure invoice accuracy and proper revenue recognition. Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports for management. Additionally, Revenue Analyst I requires a bachelor’s degree of economics or related field. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Revenue Analyst I works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. To be a Revenue Analyst I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Revenue Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Revenue Analyst to join our team.
- Assist Director of Revenue in preparing short and long-term forecasts;
- Validate and upload internal impression data into SalesForce for monthly billing;
- Access 3rd party billable impressions for select customers and validate against internal data;
- Assist in resolving billing issues that lead to collection delays;
- Provide reporting and respond to customer level revenue inquiries.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills;
- Knowledge of ERP systems and related technologies;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Strategic thinking;
- Ability to influence and persuade;
- Ability to multitask and meet constant deadlines;
- Knowledge of revenue recognition in the healthcare industry;
- Coordinates cross-training within department and with other departments to ensure smooth workflow and provide information;
- Stays current on Medicaid /Medicare Services and third party payor payment methodology for all entities;
- Distributes financial and operational reports and projects to complete efficiently;
- 3+ of Revenue Cycle Experience Preferred;
- Identify opportunities to accelerate cash collections and reduce preventable revenue loss;
- Routine review and update of fee schedules to ensure billing codes and rates are up to date;
- Minimum Associate Degree or Bachelor’s Degree preferred;
- Communicate effectively and when appropriate with external customers, including patients and their family members.