Junior Data Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Junior Data Analyst to join our team.
- Proficient in utilizing Excel to perform the following: Creating PivotTables and utilizing dynamic ranges;
- Measuring your data: COUNT(), COUNTA(), COUNTIF(), SUBTOTAL();
- Utilizing COUNTIFS, SUMIFS, VLOOKUP, IFERROR, and combinations of these formulas;
- Manipulation of large datasets in Excel (100,000+ rows);
- Formatting data and reformatting datatypes in Excel using formulas;
- Using a master pivot table to drive other pivot tables (via a VBA macro).
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques;
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc);
- Master’s in Computer Science or Engineering Management or Project Management or Information Systems/Technology (Preferred);
- Develops simple graphs and charts to explain how the mathematical information will influence the specific project or business;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Three (3) years of relevant experience;
- Extrapolates data patterns through advanced algorithms;
- Experience in an Agile/SCRUM environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills must be able to stand up and defend model and data analysis to team members;
- Ability to use sound judgment when resolving complex problems;
- Able to elicit requirements from business users and convey them clearly to technology teams;
- Well organized, thorough, and able to handle competing priorities;
- 1 year of experience in research, organizational, and business analyses and forecasts;
- BA/BS degree in business or related field of study;
- Secret clearance required.