R&D Scientist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a R&D Scientist to join our team.
- Performs duties independently with guidance from manager;
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned;
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of data requires an evaluation of various factors;
- Complies with all company safety, training, and quality regulations (e.g., ISO compliance, GLP/GMP requirements, etc.) and procedures;
- Exhibits creativity in selecting approaches and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Bioengineering, Biochemistry or other related disciplines, or equivalent knowledge and experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate scientific results in a clear, concise, & accurate manner;
- Frequent technical interaction with colleagues and members of other departments;
- Understanding of chemical, biochemical and physical interactions of cell culture media and reagent components;
- Basic understanding of statistical analysis;
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate and manage multiple project tasks;
- Familiar with methods and techniques of small-scale mammalian cell culture;
- Experience with high-throughput cell culture technologies (e.g. ambr15);
- Experience in research design and the evaluation of new techniques and procedures for manufacturing reagents, systems, products or technologies;
- Previous cell culture experience with cell lines used in protein production applications (e.g. CHO, HEK293, NS0);
- Demonstrated competence in data analysis;
- Working knowledge of scientific principles and proven proficiency in statistical design of experiments (DOE).