Treasury Analyst I provides financial planning and analysis in the conduct of daily treasury activities. Oversees corporate cash management, credit administration, administration of business insurance programs, and potentially also stock programs in an independent corporation or subsidiary. Being a Treasury Analyst I researches economic trends and investment opportunities. May assist senior staff with preparing materials and reports using standard methodologies and procedures. Additionally, Treasury Analyst I determines procurement of funds and monitors investments and collections. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Treasury Analyst I works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. To be a Treasury Analyst I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Treasury Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Treasury Analyst to join our team.
- Investment and foreign exchange trade settlements;
- Prepare and maintain bank account documentation;
- Post customer receipts by recording cash, checks and credit card transactions;
- Coordinate and complete release of disbursements and wire transfers;
- Reconcile Treasury activity with GL, provide backup and support;
- Coordinate with the billing department to identify all unapplied receipts;
- Responsible for investment accounting, reporting and compliance;
- Identify and drive process improvements;
- Coordinate, monitor and release worldwide payments;
- Update and maintain documentation of Treasury processes and procedures;
- Support share repurchase program;
- Cash flow modeling and forecasting;
- Prepare and monitor letters of credit, performance and bid bonds;
- Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis and data consolidation;
- Maintain worldwide bank account database and open, track, close, and maintain compliance for both domestic and international bank accounts.
- Superb organizational and communication skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines;
- A proven self starter with strong problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Has the ability to excel in a fast paced environment and efficiently manage projects from start to finish;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Requires 0-3 years of relevant experience;
- Resilient and able to work in a highly time-sensitive environment;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance;
- Accuracy/attention to detail;
- A CTP (Certified Treasury Professional) certification is a plus;
- Strong systems skills, with Advanced Excel;
- 3-5 years of experience within finance or operations required;
- Desire to take on additional responsibility and projects as needed;
- Self-motivated, inquisitive, proactive, eager to learn and add value;
- 2-4 years experience in Treasury and/or Finance functions;
- BA/BS in accounting, finance or related field.