Engineer V provides expert consultation in one or more areas for the design, development and implementation of technical products and systems. Resolves highly complex technical issues and conducts advanced research. Being an Engineer V recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures. Has extensive engineering knowledge and is considered an expert in one or more engineering specialties. Additionally, Engineer V requires a bachelor’s degree of engineering. Typically reports to a manager or executive. The Engineer V works on advanced, complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge. Works autonomously. Goals are generally communicated in solution or project goal terms. May provide a leadership role for the work group through knowledge in the area of specialization. To be an Engineer V typically requires 10+ years of related experience.
A/V Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a A/V Engineer to join our team.
- Apply expert knowledge of Mechanical and Sound & Vibration engineering;
- Support subject-matter experts within S&V and MBD (FEA & Vibro-Acoustic modeling) discipline;
- Making moderate to significant improvements of processes, systems or products to enhance performance of S&V and related FEA modeling workflows;
- Complete discrete S&V tasks to meet design and project objectives;
- Active participation in S&V system modeling innovation and integration projects;
- May manage moderately sized projects or processes.
- A working knowledge of basics of digital signal processing (DSP) and Frequency & FFT analysis;
- Familiarity with HVAC equipment and systems used in Residential Applications;
- Experience in post processing methodologies and techniques of S&V test data;
- Some experience in noise and vibration control and noise reduction techniques;
- Strong fundamentals or course work in acoustics, vibration and signal processing;
- Ability to program data acquisition systems for S&V testing;
- Experience in Sound Intensity measurement techniques and Acoustic Camera use;
- Experience with organizing test sequences and keeping customers informed of schedule and progress to schedule;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Self-starter with ability to learn quickly;
- Experience in Experimental Modal Analysis (EMA) and Operational Deflection Shape (ODS) analysis;
- Working knowledge of MATLAB and a basic programming language;
- Organized with strong attention to detail;
- Proficient in S&V experimental methods, instrumentation, and measurement systems;
- Experience in part design (i.e., using Pro-E or Space Claim), prototyping and fabrication.