Audio-visual technicians install and operate visual, sound and lighting equipment at conference centres, schools, colleges and events.
Audio Visual Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Audio Visual Technician to join our team.
- Manage property storerooms by organizing and tracking inventory counts;
- Record event inventory usages with the Warehouse Manager;
- Proactively ensure high-quality service delivery while striving for continuous improvement;
- Represent SBMG in a high-level professional manner;
- Take part in pre-conference meetings with clients prior to events when necessary;
- Support sales at the property and area;
- Provide immediate response to requests for assistance to events in progress;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Equipment rack installation and setup;
- Control remote and system programming;
- Working knowledge of Control;
- Wire and terminate equipment for high end Audio Visual and Videoconferencing facilities;
- Perform all job duties in a safe and responsible manner;
- To ensure the equipment racks are built, connected and tested to Engineering drawings.
- Enthusiasm, energy and a ‘Can do’ attitude;
- A good driving record is necessary;
- Basic skills of computer operation; universal remote programming; audio distribution; and video distribution knowledge;
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and experienced working with power tools;
- Experience installing Audio Visual equipment;
- Terminating data cable;
- Be able to supervise part time staff;
- Be able to operate a video board and handle multiple video sources;
- Be able to operate a lighting board and handle many fixtures and cues;
- Practical knowledge of Adobe Premier is a plus;
- Practical knowledge of Office Suite of tools is required;
- Previous audio visual technician experience required.