The Jr Accountant ensures the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger. Assists in maintaining financial records and ensuring that financial transactions are properly recorded. Being a Jr Accountant assists in analyzing current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses. Compiles financial data to aid more senior accountants in the preparation of balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports. In addition, Jr Accountant requires a bachelor’s degree. May require eligibility to sit for CPA exam. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Jr Accountant works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. Working as a Jr Accountant typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Jr. Accountant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Jr. Accountant to join our team.
- Provides financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects;
- Enters payrolls and all ACH payments;
- Income Statement and general ledger accounts;
- Assists with other duties as needed;
- Maintain accounting controls by following accounting policies and procedures;
- Corrects errors by posting adjusting journal entries;
- Adjusting entries for amortizations;
- Accurately perform daily reconciliations of cash, check and credit card transactions;
- Maintains financial records for client subsidiary companies by analyzing balance sheets,
- 6 months to 3 years experience in accounting;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance;
- Willingness to learn;
- Experience in excel and outlook.