Robotics engineers design and build machines to do automated jobs in industries like manufacturing, aerospace and medicine.
Automation Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Automation Engineer to join our team.
- Troubleshoot and program robotics;
- Create manufacturing documentation including electrical schematics;
- Attend and facilitate meetings and events, as required;
- Implementation of configuration and software changes to Batch Control system;
- Must have good verbal/written communication skills;
- Ability to organize and present technical and project management overviews without assistance;
- Develop and implement cost savings projects which will provide optimal performance of existing plant automated control systems;
- Knowledge of various programs such as Visual Basic, RSLogix, Intellution, iFIX, OSI PI, data visualization system, etc;
- Provide technical support to requirements discovery and design;
- Works with Agile teams to understand end-to-end system functionality;
- Be exposed to noisy environments;
- Work closely with maintenance department to improve machine reliability/reduce downtime;
- Updates existing systems as required;
- When necessary, participate in classes and training seminars to learn new technologies and techniques deemed helpful to performance on the job;
- Assists the maintenance department with troubleshooting production equipment.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft products and the desire to learn additional software applications as required;
- Familiarity working in a cGMP environment to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures;
- Used continuous integration environments like TeamCity, Jenkins, Hudson;
- Passport required for travel;
- Highly detailed;
- Strong CAD skills;
- Flexibility to adapt and keep up with the latest technologies;
- Excellent manual dexterity;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Familiarity with FDA cGMP and FDA regulations relating to biologic and drug products;
- Strong understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic power;
- Experience with build automation support tools such as Jenkins or Nexus;
- Knowledge and/or experience in the design and selection of fixturing and tooling for complex parts.