Process Automation Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Process Automation Engineer to join our team.
- Ensures that the process automation is safe, meets DOW LPP’s and other EH&S requirements;
- Identifies technical problems and appropriately engages the business technology center and SME network to resolve;
- Develops knowledge and skills in all aspects of Process Automation;
- Provides input to project schedule and plans, then monitors progress against the plans;
- Drives project execution within their discipline;
- Applies Global Project Methodology (GPM) and Process Automation Work Process Discipline;
- Participates in project commissioning and startup activities, including tuning of control loops;
- Obtains basic knowledge of unit operations and Chemical Engineering fundamentals;
- Ensures discipline design deliverables for their discipline meet the needs of the project: functions as intended, on time and within budget;
- Ensures that the project scope is well defined and meets the business needs in a cost effective manner;
- Support the documentation efforts for equipment validation and operating procedures;
- Lead troubleshooting efforts, analyze data and help drive key process related decisions;
- Define and lead the automation systems development, testing and qualification requirements;
- Principal responsibilities of this position include automation projects leadership.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering;
- A minimum of 1 year of manufacturing or programming experience;
- Biotech, pharmaceutical, Lab automation providers, or clinical-laboratory experience is highly desirable;
- Flexibility and self-initiative required to support several simultaneous projects;
- Good Project management, organizational and written and verbal communication skills.