Computer numerically controlled (CNC) machinists make precision parts for the engineering and manufacturing industries.
CNC Operator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a CNC Operator to join our team.
- Inspect first parts off the machine to verify quality standards are being met;
- Run laser (CNC) cutting machine;
- Create tool offset list;
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and notifies appropriate personnel as required;
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment;
- Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications;
- Understand and complete “At Machine Documentation”;
- Loading and unloading machines;
- Enter processing data, simulate processing, optimize program, and save progress;
- Worked with G Code programming;
- Provide timelines to clients;
- Train new personnel;
- Must be able to run small production jobs;
- Alter land test loader;
- Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings etc.
- Must remain alert through diversified operations;
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment;
- Must be able to work overtime;
- Able to stand the majority of the shift to perform duties;
- Knowledge of HAAS, Rollamatic, Morei-Seiki, or FANUC Controls;
- Overtime as required;
- Must pass E-verify;
- Regularly stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time;
- Ability to pass pre-employment screenings;
- Must be ab le to keep accurate records;
- Ability to operate Lathes and Mills;
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience operating CNC Mills / Lathes;
- High School Diploma or 5 years related experience and/or training;
- Ability to bend, stoop, grip, reach and lift up to 40 lbs. on a repetitive basis.