Operator II Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Operator II to join our team.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement projects and other related activities as assigned;
- Perform assigned preventative maintenance work;
- Monitor HDPE/PET resin (if applicable), dryer, material handling and color systems for appropriate processing conditions;
- Make frequent on time quality checks on products being produced from established quality standards;
- Communicate with the Production Shift Supervisor to coordinate production line support staff in accomplishing the lines’ objectives;
- Assist other Operators and maintenance personnel on mechanical repairs;
- Assist in the training of new Operators;
- Limited travel may be required;
- Operate a group of plastic blow molding machines and auxiliary equipment producing a container in a safe and high quality method;
- Perform basic processing of injection and/or blow molding machines to improve machine efficiency and reduce scrap;
- Communicate processing information to designated personnel on incoming shift. Assist other Operators as needed;
- Properly identify regrind and chunk produced;
- Complete and file all required documentation in an orderly and timely manner;
- Verify material usage per standards;
- Maintain work area to acceptable safety and housekeeping standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance;
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally;
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service;
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers;
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential;
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.