Machine Operator II sets up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. Uses computer-controlled equipment to select position and secure automatic or semi-automatic machines. Being a Machine Operator II controls and adjusts machine settings to complete routine tasks according to specifications. Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Additionally, Machine Operator II typically reports to a supervisor/manager. The Machine Operator II works under moderate supervision. Gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. To be a Machine Operator II typically requires 1-3 years of related experience, or may need 0 years of experience with additional specialized training and/or certification.
Machine Operator II Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Machine Operator II to join our team.
- Inspect product to insure conformance to quality, engineering standards, and customer requirements;
- Perform pre-shift preventative maintenance;
- Read and interpret job order, diagrams, and/or blueprints to select, position, and secure machinery and materials;
- Load, unload, lift, and move materials and product utilizing lifting equipment when available;
- Maintain departmental housekeeping and 5S standards;
- Operate manual and/or numerically controlled production machinery and equipment;
- Perform duties in accordance with current Quality Management System, Safety Management System, and Manitowoc Code of Conduct requirements;
- Troubleshoot some machine and tooling problems and correct and adjust as necessary with assistance;
- Operate jobs routed to the assigned machines with assistance and meet the production standard required for the given department;
- Complete necessary paperwork on a daily basis;
- Perform routine preventive maintenance on assigned machines, and maintain proper coolant levels and concentrations on a daily basis;
- Maintain safety and quality standards using acceptable house keeping practices on equipment and work area;
- Repetitive lifting of materials onto the machine weighing between 35-50 lbs;
- Stacking the materials from the machine onto pallets;
- Machine Operation.
- Mechanically inclined;
- No experience necessary, will train on the job;
- Must be a US Person;
- Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment;
- Ability to read and interpret Blue Prints;
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs alone and over 50 lbs with assistance;
- 1 -3 years experience required in Construction and/or Manufacturing;
- Ability to climb and balance;
- Work in non-temperature controlled environments;
- Ability to read a tape measure;
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch;
- Stand and walk on concrete up to 100% of work day;
- Ability to use hands to reach and to handle or feel;
- Ability to demonstrate safe and effective operation of all required equipment;
- Basic mechanical skills.