Machine Operator III sets up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. Uses computer-controlled equipment to select position and secure automatic or semi-automatic machines. Being a Machine Operator III controls and adjusts machine settings to complete more complex tasks. May assist with training other machine operators. Additionally, Machine Operator III may calculate and assist with numeric controlled programming. Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor/manager. The Machine Operator III works independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function. Has gained proficiency in multiple competencies relevant to the job. To be a Machine Operator III typically requires 3-5 years of related experience, or may need 2 years experience with additional specialized training and/or certification.
Machine Operator III Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Machine Operator III to join our team.
- Load, unload, lift, and move materials and product utilizing lifting equipment when available;
- Read and interpret job order, diagrams, and/or blueprints to select, position, and secure machinery and materials;
- Perform pre-shift preventative maintenance;
- Inspect product to insure conformance to quality, engineering standards, and customer requirements;
- Perform duties in accordance with current Quality Management System, Safety Management System, and Manitowoc Code of Conduct requirements;
- Fabricate specialty/custom component parts;
- Operate manual and/or numerically controlled production machinery and equipment;
- Maintain departmental housekeeping and 5S standards.
- Ability to read a tape measure;
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch;
- 3 – 5 years experience required in Construction and/or Manufacturing;
- Stand and walk on concrete up to 100% of work day;
- Ability to demonstrate safe and effective operation of all required equipment;
- Ability to use hands to reach and to handle or feel;
- Advanced math and reading comprehension skills;
- Ability to visually inspect product;
- Work in non-temperature controlled environments;
- Manual dexterity in hands for tool usage;
- Ability to climb and balance;
- Basic ability to read, speak, and understand English language;
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs alone and over 50 lbs with assistance;
- Ability to read and interpret Blue Prints;
- Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment.