Machine Operator I sets up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. Uses computer-controlled equipment to select, position and secure automatic or semi-automatic machines. Being a Machine Operator I controls and adjusts machine settings to complete simple tasks accurately, according to specifications, and in a timely fashion. May require a high school diploma or its equivalent. Additionally, Machine Operator I typically reports to a supervisor/manager. The Machine Operator I works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. Possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Machine Operator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Machine Operator to join our team.
- Insure bags and plastic packaging material is placed in the trash bags or drums;
- Minimize waste generated on your line;
- Assembles main tubes by using adhesive, tightening and cleaning equipment with assistance from the trained operator;
- Inspecting equipment and reporting any defects;
- Will operate production machinery;
- Loading materials into manufacturing machines;
- Any production/manufacturing experience is workable. Will provide training;
- Work with machines on a regular basis;
- Ensure machine efficiencies are on target, which may include;
- Perform 1st level quality inspections;
- Operates extruder at the highest level achievable to make a quaility product;
- Set-up and operate various manual and CNC grinding equipment;
- Picking materials to be used in the production process;
- General machine maintenance;
- Operate and assist on all liquid production machinery in an efficient and accurate manner under supervision.
- Willingness to explore other tasks and duties;
- Must pass background check;
- Minumum of High School diploma;
- Oral and written communication skills;
- Use simple arithmetic including decimals and fractions;
- Must score 70% or higher on mechanical aptitude test;
- Must learn to use precision measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, and various quality gauges;
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models;
- Previous grinding experience is a plus, but not required;
- Ability to use checking gages/equipment;
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs;
- Report to work every day and on time;
- Have excellent math & mechanical skills/aptitude;
- Ability to read basic work orders;
- Occasional lifting of equipment or materials weighing up to 50 pounds.