The Machine Operator – Experienced uses computer-controlled equipment to select position and secure automatic or semi-automatic machines. Sets up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. Being a Machine Operator – Experienced requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Controls and adjusts machine settings to complete routine tasks according to specifications. In addition, Machine Operator – Experienced typically reports to a supervisor/manager. Being a Machine Operator – Experienced works under moderate supervision. Gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Working as a Machine Operator – Experienced typically requires 1-3 years of related experience, or may need 0 years of experience with additional specialized training and/or certification.
Experienced Machine Operator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Experienced Machine Operator to join our team.
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products;
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools;
- Maintain activity logs;
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws;
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines;
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle;
- Test operation of machines periodically;
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift;
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed).
- Physical stamina and strength;
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus;
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals;
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.);
- Proven experience as a machine operator;
- Understanding of production procedures;
- Teamwork and communication skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear);
- Attention to detail.