Supply Quality Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Supply Quality Engineer to join our team.
- Define and develop quality assurance programs to ensure conformance to codes and regulations;
- Conduct supplier audits, and inspections for system and product conformance to quality requirements;
- Cooperate with category teams, responsible buyers, Q&OPEX, Sustainability/HSE, R&D/Engineering and project tender teams, among others;
- Represent the “Voice of Supplier” to ABB R&D, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Quality, and Manufacturing;
- Coordinate quality initiatives at customer sites, perform internal audits, and assist the customer in performing other quality assurance activities;
- Recommend measures to optimize operations while maintaining quality.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment;
- High degree of integrity and ethics;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills are essential;
- Multi-Lingual preferred;
- Proficient in Office Software, with an emphasis with Excel. Knowledgeable with ERP and purchasing and inventory systems;
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or lawful permanent resident;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with product and supplier development, supplier audits, purchasing functions;
- Strong communication skills required to convey technical concepts in verbal and written form;
- Knowledgeable of commodity cost drivers and global market conditions;
- Must have (or obtain) a current US Passport and be able to travel globally;
- Proficiency and experience in quality systems and continuous improvement.