Firefighters help to protect people from fire and other dangers, and give advice on fire prevention.
Firefighter Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Firefighter to join our team.
- Inspect aircraft, buildings and equipment for fire hazards;
- Perform emergency response duties during hazardous materials incidents;
- Perform rescue and firefighting operations during structural fires, aircraft crashes, vehicle emergencies and natural cover fires;
- Give first aid to injured personnel;
- Teach fire protection procedures and repair/refill firefighting equipment;
- Drive firefighting trucks and emergency rescue vehicles;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Fighting different types of fires;
- Firefighting equipment operations, first aid and rescue procedures;
- Licenses: A valid Kansas driver’s license is required;
- Education: A high school diploma or GED is required. An Associate’s degree in Fire Science or other related coursework is preferred;
- Must have taken and passed the Candidate Physical Assessment Test (CPAT) within 12 months prior to appointment;
- Must have passed the written exam with a score of 70 or above in all sections within the last 24 months;
- Must have the physical ability to perform the essential functions as described.