Security Operations Center Operator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Security Operations Center Operator to join our team.
- Initiate disaster recovery phone reroutes as needed;
- Monitoring of customer’s wide variety of monitoring systems;
- Provide level-one help desk functions (call-taking, ticket creation & notification to technicians and customer in accordance with published processes);
- Maintain Daily Activity Log including tracking and notification of persons visiting remote site locations;
- Perform subscriber radio control functions as needed;
- Accurately process monitoring system(s) alarms and provide incident tracking, documentation and notification in accordance with published processes;
- Coordinate with technicians, customer & vendors to resolve issues in timely manner to maximize system up time.
- Comfortable with high-tech work environment, and constant learning of new tools and innovations;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office Suite;
- Associate’s degree or 2+ years of equivalent work experience in Military, Law Enforcement, Government, Corporate Security;
- Strong team player;
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test;
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying;
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced, at times stressed work environment;
- Flexibility to work all shifts, and willingness to assist the team with overtime when needed;
- Ability to read, write, and speak clearly in English;
- Prior experience in a security operations center, TOC, or similar is highly preferred;
- Experience with security systems, including alarm monitoring, electronic access control, and CCTV;
- Supervisory experience, ideally in a security role.