Drafters Drafters use software to convert the designs of engineers and architects into technical drawings.
Drafter Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Drafter to join our team.
- Keep project team members and project manager informed of all pertinent issues;
- Drawings are produced, and delivered by expected deadlines;
- Ensure that all finished product is accurate, and complete. Utilize, and apply redline procedures per department protocol;
- Ensure final designs comply with regulations and quality standards;
- Prepare and review rough sketches and review them along with the engineering team;
- Create and prepare detailed electronic working plans, charts, and/or scale drawings for complex projects from conceptual designs;
- Help to create/audit production work instructions for assembly;
- Resolves checked drawings; prove and understand comments made;
- Analyze and present new product proposals along with competitive evaluation to parent company for review and approval;
- Interpret design markups to prepare site plan drawings, exploration location plans and figures for environmental reports, etc;
- Reports project progression updates and/or issues to Lead Designers;
- Develops sketches to accompany concept documentation;
- Ensure that engineering designs and services are consistent with philosophy of Parent Company Mecalux, S.A;
- Good communication skills required.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, have knowledge of developing and preparing design documentation in written and computer-aided design formats;
- Excellent collaboration and communication is critical to this role;
- Knowledge and understanding of Client / Dresser-Rand’s products and services;
- Pro-active, multi-tasked, self-motivated team player and positive attitude is a must;
- Limited domestic travel;
- Proven competency in verbal, and written communication;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as Drafter;
- Familiarity with sheet metal drawing and/or wiring harnesses a plus;
- Technical training with 3-5 years drafting experience;
- Secret Clearance;
- “Whatever it takes ” attitude and the desire to grow professionally within Interlake Mecalux;
- Experience with DoD or Department of Navy (DON) programs;
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations;
- AutoCAD training preferred;
- Associate degree in Engineering or equivalent education and experience.