Electrical Engineer – Senior Level Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Electrical Engineer – Senior Level to join our team.
- As a Substation Electrical Engineer, you will take an active role in project conceptualization, work planning, and project execution;
- In addition, you may have the opportunity to travel to client sites as needed;
- You will work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of electrical engineering issues.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications;
- PE License;
- Familiarity with ANSI/IEEE/NEMA standards as they relate to substation design. This includes the National Electrical Safety Code (ANSI – C2);
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects under budget and time constraints;
- AutoCAD experience;
- Experience in reviewing design drawings created by others;
- 3 or more years experience in the design of substations 138kV and above;
- Testing or commissioning experience;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Construction and start-up experience;
- Experience in writing and providing support documentation for relay calculations;
- Experience with the design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models;
- Proficiency with any of the following programs: SKM, ETAP, ASPEN, CDEGS, or vendor software;
- 7 or more years experience in the design of Medium Voltage Power Systems.