Electrical engineers design, build and maintain electrical systems, machinery and equipment.
Electrical Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Electrical Engineer to join our team.
- Developing embedded software;
- Analyzing and designing circuits;
- Supply power systems that control the flow of product from sites to main facilities;
- Assist other engineers through peer design reviews and sharing of expertise;
- Manages budget, scope, schedule, and quality associated with the designated work assignment with minimal guidance and technical oversight;
- Supporting business development activity for the asset consultancy discipline and wider practice where appropriate;
- Perform electrical engineering studies and calculations;
- Schematic capture using electronics design automation tools;
- Follow company procedures and specifications;
- Lead and supervisor design team and CAD technicians for project execution;
- Coordinate with other functional teams during the life cycle of the product and be responsible for design modifications as required;
- The aptitude and desire necessary to be a good student of Poly-America processes, equipment, and procedures;
- Document designs in required formats, including BOMs;
- Suggest equipment upgrades to make our equipment more reliable.
- Proficient in Word and Excel;
- ETAP software experience;
- Experience in development of Instrumentation and Valve Specifications;
- Experience in Army Tactical communications systems, to include the Single Channel Ground and Airborne Radio System (SINCGARS) radio family;
- Understanding of NWE and how to interpret/mitigate, i.e. PD upset/transient/latch up/burnout, SGEMP, IEMP, and fission by products;
- Familiarity with board bring up, power electronics, and thermal management;
- Ability to work in a team environment and utilize others in the organization to deliver quality products;
- The electrical engineer will have experience with the development and maintenance of DVP&Rs, FMEAs is preferred;
- Altium Schematic and Board Layout;
- Participate and assist in coordinating program and technical meetings. Create, review, and recommend changes for various technical briefs;
- Hands-on problem solving and operations audits;
- Results oriented, puts in extra effort and work to accomplish critical or difficult tasks;
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point;
- 5+ years experience with electrical instrumentation and power distribution systems for manufacturing facilities and equipment;
- The aptitude and desire necessary to be a good student of Poly-America processes, equipment, and procedures.