The Senior Electronics Engineer may use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform assignments. Designs, develops, and tests electronic systems, components, or circuits for use within equipment or machinery. Being a Senior Electronics Engineer requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering. Applies principles and techniques of electrical engineering to accomplish goals. In addition, Senior Electronics Engineer typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Working as a Senior Electronics Engineer typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature.
Senior Electronics Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Electronics Engineer to join our team.
- Develop and electronic interfaces with mechanical systems, both hardware and related embedded systems;
- Create design packages and supporting documentation;
- Follow engineering processes and standard design practices;
- Design and develop electromechanical products or product family in collaboration with Product Development Engineer.
- Provide hardware, software, and system design as well as development and validation guidance to lesser experienced engineers;
- Leads and supports design and trim integration reviews;
- On time and within budget utilizing resources as directed;
- Interprets customer hardware & software requirements and specifications;
- Generates schematics, Bills of Materials (BOM’s) and Printed Circuit Board layouts;
- Electronics Experience Required;
- Resource planning;
- Minimum of 5 years Automotive experience;
- People Development;
- Design of linear and switching power supplies;
- Brings a continuous improvement mindset to his/her job;
- Generates required documentation in accordance to the requirements of the Trek development process;
- Experience with ARM, MSP430, PIC or similar microcontrollers;
- Experience with PCB design including mechanical constraints and design for manufacturing/test.