PLC Programmer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a PLC Programmer to join our team.
- Collaborate with other engineering groups to facilitate a Systems Engineering approach to the plant and machine design;
- Design, develop, maintain, document, troubleshoot, and debug PLC and HMI software.
- Ability to read electrical diagrams;
- Ability to read logic diagrams;
- 3-5 years of PLC programming experience (Allen-Bradley Logix, PLC5, SLC; other platforms a plus);
- Strong electrical & mechanical troubleshooting skills;
- valid driver’s license;
- Ability to read Process & Instrumentation drawings (P&IDs);
- Team player who can adapt well to engineering standards;
- Knowledge of VFDs, servos and common system interfaces (CIP, Field buses);
- Ability to diagram using CAD software;
- Knowledge of common industrial networks (EtherNet/IP, DeviceNet, ControlNet);
- 3-5 years of HMI/SCADA design experience (Wonderware, factoryTalk View; other platforms a plus);
- Strong technical writing and communication skills.