Project Engineer II performs engineering design evaluations and works to complete projects within budget and scheduling restraints. Reviews industry policies and procedures to ensure data accuracy, security, and regulatory compliance. Being a Project Engineer II reviews reports of production, malfunction, and maintenance to determine or address problems. Provides technical support for the engineering process. Additionally, Project Engineer II designs, implements, and communicates, an operational plan for completing the project. Monitors progress and performance against the project plan. Takes action to resolve operational problems and minimize delays. Identifies, develops, and gathers resources necessary to complete the project. Prepares engineering designs and work specifications. Develops project schedules, budgets, and forecasts. Selects materials, equipment, project staff, and external contractors. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Project Engineer II gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work. To be a Project Engineer II typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience.
Project Engineer II Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Project Engineer II to join our team.
- May act as project manager;
- With senior supervision, evaluates, selects, and adapts standard techniques, procedures, and criteria;
- Assigns tasks to and directs interns, technicians, and administrative staff;
- Communicates/presents potential new business or resource information, competitive situations, or technology/regulatory factors to the company;
- Formulates and solves problems;
- Prepares complete project documents with supervision;
- Works on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects;
- Plans and coordinates most aspects of the engineering work;
- Designs and conducts experiments and analyzes and interprets data;
- Inspect project site(s);
- Procurement of construction materials;
- Weekly pictures for progress reports;
- Project estimating;
- Survey and project layout;
- Assisting and supporting project team with daily project coordination.
- Current driver’s license;
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies;
- Minimum of three years related construction experience;
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices;
- Positive and professional attitude and customer service skills;
- Strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, and analytical skills;
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and effectively run multiple tasks;
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end, overseeing quality control throughout the project implementation cycle;
- Indoor office environment. May require work on site location as necessary;
- Draft and submit budget proposals, recommend subsequent budget changes when necessary;
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders;
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members, contractors and stakeholders in timely and clear fashion;
- Equipment used includes: computers and standard office machines;
- Build effective partnerships with plant personal through the implementation of capital projects.