Project Engineer I performs engineering design evaluations and works to complete projects within budget and scheduling restraints. Provides technical support for the engineering process and contributes to the completion of a project. Being a Project Engineer I analyzes project requirements and performs standard technical calculations. Reviews reports of production, malfunction, and maintenance to determine or address problems. Additionally, Project Engineer I requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Project Engineer I works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. To be a Project Engineer I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Project Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Project Engineer to join our team.
- Maintains operations by enforcing project and operational policies and procedures;
- Use your engineering talents to analyze pumps, motors, and water wells;
- Accompanies sales staff on sales calls to provide technical expertise;
- Investigates production problems relating to design. Identifies the root cause and initiates corrective action;
- Participates in planning for plant commissioning & start-up;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records;
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the Crankshaft Manufacturing processes;
- Monitor contractors’ work for compliance to schedule, budget, technical specifications, and legal requirements;
- Assist with developing project scopes and manpower estimates;
- Establish handling procedures for electronic documents, including Request for Information (RFI) and correspondence;
- Prepare project forecasts;
- Interacting daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and representing them in the field;
- Incorporate all processes and procedures that support the project closeout phase;
- Set agenda and lead project meetings, including preparation of meeting minutes.
- Experience working in a team environment and in leading teams;
- Exposure and involvement with Quality Systems and ISO;
- Well Water Design;
- Sanitary (Septic) Design;
- Civil 3D and AutoCAD competency;
- Machine and tool design, practical understanding of good manufacturing principles;
- Able to support 24/7 operations an able to work any shift, weekends, or holidays or be on call;
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities;
- Transportation and / or drainage design experience;
- Demonstrated proficiency with data analysis including statistical and uncertainty analysis;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures;
- Other duties;
- Direct experience on Wood Products equipment;
- Possess excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing and communication skills.