The Project Engineer – Senior reviews industry policies and procedures to ensure data accuracy, security, and regulatory compliance. Performs engineering design evaluations and works to complete projects within budget and scheduling restraints. Being a Project Engineer – Senior provides technical support for the engineering process. Reviews reports of production, malfunction, and maintenance to determine or address problems. In addition, Project Engineer – Senior designs, implements, and communicates, an operational plan for completing the project. Monitors progress and performance against the project plan. Takes action to resolve operational problems and minimize delays. Identifies, develops, and gathers resources necessary to complete the project. Prepares engineering designs and work specifications. Develops project schedules, budgets, and forecasts. Selects materials, equipment, project staff, and external contractors. May supervise engineers, drafters, and/or technicians on a project basis. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. Being a Project Engineer – Senior contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Project Engineer – Senior typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior Project Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Project Engineer to join our team.
- Production hand-off – formal release to production (all documentation updated);
- Develop and maintain client relationships, including project and non-project related face-to-face meetings;
- Implement safety program and assist with weekly meetings;
- Champion superior ethical and professional behavior in all situations;
- Drive world class project management process through the use of integrated scheduling, earned value reporting, and risk management;
- Develop status reports and modify plans or schedules, as necessary, to ensure contract parameters are met;
- Act as a liaison between Stantec engineering and construction teams;
- Execute virtual testing studies;
- Lead assessment of available internal and external options (including modified existing facilities and new build sites);
- Provides input into the prioritization of Technical Services work activities in support of assigned generating station(s), as required;
- Analyzes data gathered and develops solutions or alternative methods of proceeding to optimize performance and increase efficiency of work;
- Prepare presentations and reports in support of R&D activities;
- Plan and conduct hands-on experimental work (bench, in vitro and in vivo) to evaluate device prototypes;
- Schedule and coordinate peer reviews of said tasks including, third-party Practice/Discipline quality reviews of deliverables;
- Ability to manage and deliver Physical Engineering deliverables as per project schedule and within budget.
- Must be a US Person including green card holders;
- Experience as an inter-discipline product team leader;
- Assist in subcontractor management by helping the superintendent coordinate the schedule of subcontractor operations and logistics;
- Participate in weekly planner/subcontractor coordination meetings and track weekly planner data;
- Experience in Tilt-Up is a plus;
- Experience in developing technical solutions for new products and the associated product, capital and NRE cost estimating;
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook at a minimum;
- Understanding of mold fill analysis methods; analysis proficiency preferred;
- Experience leading a diverse technical team;
- Must understand local, state and federal codes and regulations;
- Attend the CTQP Quality Control Manager course and pass the examination;
- Must be proficient in the following programs: MS Office, MS Project, AutoCAD, and Accounting Software;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge of cryo ablation systems a plus;
- Project Management & Business Development experience.