Building Custodian Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Building Custodian to join our team.
- Service, clean and supplies the bathrooms;
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, or supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks;
- Other custodial tasks in warehouse (required as needed);
- In charge of gathering trash and emptying it in the main containers to be picked up by trash collectors;
- Sweep, scrub, wax floors; vacuum and clean rugs and carpets; clean restrooms; empty and clean waste receptacles;
- Dusts the furniture, walls, machines, and equipment making sure that everything is kept cleaned and maintained;
- Make minor adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilation, plumbing, and electrical systems;
- Clean and polishes furniture and fixtures, windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees;
- Restock both employee coffee stations each morning upon shift start in warehouse and main office.
- Must be able to work independently;
- Positive attitude, willingness to perform all duties, punctuality, and reliability are a necessity to be successful in the position;
- Must have the capability of understanding instructions both written and oral communication;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Previous experience in custodial field is preferred.