Custodians are janitors or cleaning workers who typically maintain institutional facilities, such as public schools and hospitals.
Custodian Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Custodian to join our team.
- Maintain routine upkeep of exterior areas;
- ability to perform manual work requiring some physical strength and agility;
- Maintaining outside grounds;
- Walk, kneel, bend, stoop, and stand for up to 8 hours;
- The ability to work well with people. The ability to have a pleasant disposition with all individuals involved in Salvation Army programs;
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures;
- break rooms in the warehouse during production and fills all respective logs;
- Clean sinks in break rooms and coffee stations with disinfectant;
- Operate industrial vacuum cleaners to remove scraps, dirt, heavy debris and other refuse;
- Clean grounds, sidewalks, etc. in fall and spring;
- Regular and timely attendance;
- Limited grounds maintenance such as weeding, watering, and maintaining outdoor furniture, etc. as required;
- Restocks break rooms and restrooms with janitorial supplies;
- Remove shipped material from delivery vehicles and move to designated storage area.
- High School degree preferred;
- Ability to prioritize work;
- Sufficient understanding of reading, writing, and communicating in English;
- Able to see well enough to identify cleaning needs and complete to acceptable standards;
- Ability to work independently in addition to working as a member of a team;
- Valid Washington State Drivers license with proof of auto insurance;
- Light maintenance/repair experience;
- Background check required;
- Requires standing for extended periods;
- Regularly requires carrying objects that are up to 50 lbs by hand;
- Must be able to work closely and well with others in a team environment;
- Basic Computer skills;
- Previous working experience as a custodian/janitor will be a plus;
- Speak and understand English.