Insurance Verification Coordinator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Insurance Verification Coordinator to join our team.
- Requesting and obtaining Worker’s Compensation approvals;
- Insuring that all necessary documentation is scanned into Diary Management;
- Support to the clinics for any insurance related questions, including benefit interpretation;
- Obtaining authorizations when needed;
- Responsible for working pre-conversion Aging for respective regions;
- Insurance verification;
- Training clinic staff on insurance related matter in the assigned region;
- Reviewing pending claims report and creating claims in POS;
- Completes any additional job duties as assigned;
- Indexing incoming records/referrals;
- Responsible for obtaining referrals or authorizations from primary care office or insurance companies;
- Acts as source of reference for team members and works with other internal teams to assist in resolving insurance issues.
- Tech savvy;
- Experience with Worker’s Compensation preferred;
- 1+ years’ experience with requesting and obtaining authorizations with commercial and Medicaid insurance carriers;
- Basic medical coding knowledge, insurance guidelines and HIPAA;
- 2+ experience working in medical office or Hospital setting;
- 2+ years’ experience with benefit verifications and insurance eligibility checks;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Ability to Multi-task and manage large number of requests within assigned time period;
- Organized and detail oriented.