The PMO Director develops and implements PMO processes and policies, directs project management staff, and works with other department leaders to define, prioritize, and develop projects and programs. Directs and oversees the Program Management Office (PMO) to ensure IT programs and projects meet organization goals and requirements. Being a PMO Director typically reports to top management. Requires a bachelor’s degree. The PMO Director manages a departmental sub-function within a broader departmental function. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function. Working as a PMO Director typically requires 5+ years of managerial experience.
PMO Director Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a PMO Director to join our team.
- Lead the analysis, selection and roll-out of PMO tools that enable the integrated delivery model;
- Provide the necessary training and facilitating skills to drive transformation activities and ensure long term adoption;
- Divisions strategy and provides optimal portfolio value. This includes documenting all key decisions and action items;
- Own the logistics plan for stage-gate decision process and core team meetings;
- Plan and deliver allocated product launches end-to-end;
- Ensure functional area deliverables are understood, cross-functionally aligned, execution of deliverables and timelines are on track;
- Bring a deep background in Portfolio, Program & Project management;
- Partner with the HR Portfolio Director to facilitate an effective, cross-functional governance process to enable portfolio status and health;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Leads project quality and post-mortem functions to mitigate and address project delivery challenges in the support of continuous improvement efforts;
- Prepares regular, thorough and articulate executive summaries for senior leadership on project and team performance;
- Leads interviewing and hiring process in assigned areas and provides direct input into performance evaluations;
- Partner with the HRPortfolio Director to facilitate an effective, cross-functional governanceprocess to enable portfolio status and health;
- Ensures adherence to practices, procedures, precedents, policy and Executive Leadership direction;
- Develop and employstrategies to bring alignment and true partnership between finance, technologyand business stakeholders at NIKE.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, business or related filed, required;
- Exceptional influencing and team development skills;
- Proficient in Project Management Software;
- Ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams;
- Certification in Project Management is highly preferred;
- Strong Microsoft Project and Excel skills;
- Position requires organizational and planning skills as well as strong oral and written communications;
- Superior organizational skills, must be able to manage multiple projects with high priority;
- The ability to work/lead others through aggressive challenges, obstacles, deadlines and changes is required;
- Up to 25%
- 10+ years experience in new product development and project management required;
- Proven track record of successfully managing new product introductions from concept to commercialization;
- Ability to perform root cause analysis on issues encountered during project delivery and devise course correction and ‘get to green’ plans;
- Business first – Focuses on customers and clients, business/financial acumen, JLL first;
- Inspire – Inspire others, creates vision and strategy, energizes others.