Senior Accountant CPA Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Accountant CPA to join our team.
- Analyze transactions and prepare reports;
- Perform regular, detailed audits to ensure accuracy in financial documents, expenditures and investments;
- Participate in the budget process;
- Establish accounting policies and procedures;
- Keeping company’s financial information confidential;
- Monitor bookkeeping activities regularly;
- Liaise with Tax Accountants to track tax payments and returns;
- Organize and update financial records as needed (digital and physical);
- Oversee ledger reconciliation and manage accounts payable/receivable;
- Forecast revenue and analyze profit margins;
- Stay informed on industry developments and changes in regulations;
- Brief senior managers regularly on the company’s financial status.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and client service skills;
- Experience with Prosystem fx preferred;
- Strong Excel and other software skills;
- Master’s degree in tax preferred, but not required;
- Active CPA license;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, clients and tight deadlines;
- Proficiency in income tax preparation, compliance, audits (tax);
- Recent CPA firm experience (5-10 years ideal, other considered);
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred.