The Senior Accountant ensures the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger. Maintains financial records and ensures that financial transactions are properly recorded. Being a Senior Accountant analyzes current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses. Prepares complex balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports. In addition, Senior Accountant may supervise and guide lower-level accountants. Requires a bachelor’s degree. May require CPA certification. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Senior Accountant contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Senior Accountant typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior Accountant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data;
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing financial information and trends;
- Assisting Controller in preparing financial reports;
- Developing, documenting, and improving accounting policies and procedures;
- Provide training and oversight of accounting under FERC USOA. Review includes both actual and budget;
- Continuously reviews tasks to identify process improvements/efficiencies;
- Supports internal customers by researching questions and investigating variances on the financial statements;
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, statement of contributions and expenses, and other statements;
- Prepare monthly financial statements and reporting packages and deliver results to Controller/Accounting Manager, and others;
- Oversee budget and financial management;
- Work closely with senior staff on litigation cases, first party property, business valuations;
- Ensures the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the General Ledger;
- Coordinate and or execute special projects as they arise;
- Interacts with Clinic staff and management, corporate staff and Regional VP’s and Regional Directors;
- Experienced with accounting concepts related to the software industry, international accounting and mergers and acquisitions is strongly preferred.
- Indirect cost allocations;
- Assistance with grant management;
- Excellent skills in accuracy, organization, and comfortable working in a high-volume/fast-paced environment;
- Big 4 experience and/or CPA preferred;
- Loyal, focused, disciplined and driven;
- Accurately gather, track, analyze financial information and report on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks);
- Excellent attention to detail is a must;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel skills. Salesforce and FinancialForce experience a plus but not required;
- Must have knowledge and experience with US GAAP and internal controls compliance;
- Strong accounting skills;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business-related field, Master’s Degree or CPA certification, preferred;
- Must be able to use the ERP system and have PowerPoint, MS Word, and Excel skills;
- Able to formulate finance study designs and prepare and conduct professional presentations;
- Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines;
- Public Accounting highly preferred.