Social Services Coordinator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Social Services Coordinator to join our team.
- Conducts and assists in coordinating resident and family support groups including the development of programs for special needs residents;
- Greets residents, visitors, and staff courteously, promoting resident rights, dignity, and confidentiality standards;
- Responsible for maintaining communication and contact with family, while encouraging their participation in care planning;
- Assists in the preparation of the department’s budget and ensures that social services department operates within established budget;
- Responsible for identifying and seeking ways to support residents’ individual needs and preferences, customary routines, concerns and choices;
- Coordinates social services by participates with the management team in care planning and development;
- Attends and participates in training sessions, in-services, and staff meetings;
- Provides discharge planning services by working with the facility management team, resident, resident family and physician;
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Similar related experience/professional qualifications;
- Functional literacy in English is required;
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills are required;
- Two years of social work supervised experience in an individual care setting or;
- Prior experience in Social Work, preferred;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Gerontology, Psychology or Public Health, required.