Sr. Sourcing Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sr. Sourcing Manager to join our team.
- Manage a consistent, competitive bidding process for assigned spend categories;
- Conduct research and analysis within the Enterprise to determine current spending and demand information;
- Lead sourcing activities for exchange traded commodity categories;
- Suggest possible opportunities for additional cross-functional projects. Consult with business teams to identify opportunities for speculative buying;
- Develop informed fact base for assigned spend categories and build a detailed understanding of the products and services in those categories;
- Responsible for the development, design, organization and control of one or more unique spend categories;
- Mentor others in preparation of demand analysis, industry analysis, RFPs, RFIs and supplier contracts;
- Work across functional areas to leverage our scale with strategic suppliers;
- Manage fair and ethical supplier practices;
- Lead and assist in semi-annual business reviews with high impact vendors, in collaboration with internal business partners.
- Demonstrated track record in supplier negotiation and management;
- Distinctive problem solving leadership and analytical thinking for continuous improvement;
- Extensive knowledge in hardware sourcing and supply chain;
- Proven capabilities in operating in a growing , fast-paced , results-oriented environment;
- Excellent communication and synthesizing skills of both written and verbal;
- Strong influencing skills and ability to build lasting relationships across multiple layers in the organization;
- Familiar with business tools ( g. word , excel modeling , power point slides ) and able to generate quality outputs.