The Trainer I monitors the effectiveness of training on employees using individual or group performance results. Delivers company training programs and workshops to employees and managers. Being a Trainer I contributes to new training program design and existing program enhancements. Collects feedback on sessions from attendees to use for future improvements to content and presentation. In addition, Trainer I assists in the development and creation of lesson plans and training aids. May specialize in a particular subject, training program, or function of the company. Training programs may typically include topics such as supervisory/management training, work skills training, team building, and communications. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a manager. Being a Trainer I works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. Working as a Trainer I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Trainer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Trainer to join our team.
- Participate in Continuous improvement teams as necessary;
- Review employee performance and learning goals on an ongoing basis;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Analyze training and accountability needs for the purposes of compliance and process improvement;
- Maintain confidential access to employee training records;
- Develop a schedule to assess training needs;
- Work with the business teams to document processes/procedures and subsequent updates;
- Design and write new training materials for in-house courses;
- Identify training and development needs through job analysis and regular consultation with business managers;
- Perform other duties as instructed by management;
- Create your own brand and expertise within the training department;
- Maintain process and system training curriculum;
- Conducting instructor led webinars and remote training sessions;
- Maintain learner development history within the learning management system (LMS);
- Amend and advise programs as necessary.
- DECISION MAKING: Demonstrates good decision-making, problem-solving and independent judgment skills;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Related Field or equivalent work experience;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Technical writing and documentation skills;
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions;
- Ability to coach members on Nexstar systems and processes;
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required;
- Excellent-decision making abilities;
- Ability to self motivate and accomplish goals unsupervised;
- Strong ability to inspire and lead others to achieve their personal and professional goals;
- Experience: On-the-job training;
- Ability to create new content for courses and website;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficiency using Microsoft Windows and MS Office Applications;
- Be extremely comfortable in front of a camera to record online content.