Social workers help to protect vulnerable children and adults from harm or abuse, and support people to live independently.
Social Worker Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Social Worker to join our team.
- Maintain one-to-one bi-weekly counseling sessions with each patient;
- Crisis intervention;
- Work with intake coordinator on intake process for new consumers;
- Provide discharge planning based on meeting identified goals of the treatment plan;
- Discharge Planning;
- Actively participates in those areas of expertise to further enhance the role of social work within the hospital;
- maintaining residents’ rights at all times while liaising between all parties involved;
- Food Insecurity Screenings and interventions;
- Welcomes new residents to the home and supports adjustment to the daily routine of living in community;
- Ensure that all records required to be filled out are done so completely, legibly, and in a timely fashion;
- Participate in continuing education programs available, with consent of administrator;
- Responsible for managing emotional/behavioral crises or emergencies outside of working hours (on call for all safe house staff and host community);
- Completes and documents psychosocial assessments, intervention, and coordination of care to identified populations;
- Facilitate Type 1 and Type 2 Support Groups and DPP class;
- Be aware of community resources, and be able to refer appropriate patients to those resources.
- L.C.S.W. preferred, but not required;
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of people and situations at all levels of the organization;
- Must perform proficiently in all applicable competency areas;
- Minimum of three years;
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Human Services, Master’s degree preferred;
- Managed care experience;
- Experience in dealing with people in crisis is preferable;
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university, preferably BSW or related social service field;
- Demonstrated analytical skills required;
- Management experience and skills;
- WA State License required/registration where applicable;
- Effective interpersonal skills required;
- Ability to work as a part of a team is required;
- Complete goal sheets for all students receiving direct and/or consult services at least one week prior to IEP/FIE.